Weddings are an expression of the bride and groom’s personal tastes and it is shown especially when it comes to their choice of food at their wedding. With the popular return to the more casual and family friendly weddings, the selection of food has become more laid back . Read on to learn of the 5 most popular trends that you will find at this year's weddings. All photos by Jacalyn Roland Photography.
1. Barbeque. Who doesn't love a barbeque! With the trend of having your wedding reception in a rustic barn in the countryside, this type of food is the perfect crowd pleaser. It allows family and friends to relax and visit. Your wedding will be remembered as a great get together where everyone shared stories and laughter. I have photographed many a country wedding and perhaps this type of wedding is my favorite. Add country music, square dancing and you will have the perfect day. Your guests will never leave HUNGRY.
2. Tacos, Ice Cream and Food Trucks. If you are having an afternoon wedding, Tacos and ice cream are the perfect foods for a fuss-free day. It is always easy to hire a food truck caterer that would be happy to provide grilled or stewed meat for your tacos. Just add lots of chips and guacamole. Don't forget the ice cream sandwiches for desert. Your guests will Thank You!
3. Vegan or Vegetarian Buffets. So many brides and grooms are careful of their budgets and dietary restrictions of their guests. A vegetarian buffet is a great way to keep everyone happy and well fed. A buffet filled with vegetables, fresh salads, hummus, falafel and grape leaves is not only healthy but also delicious.
4. Not your average wedding cake. So I have been seeing more and more how the brides and grooms opt out of the traditional wedding cake. They want their dessert tables to be more creative. You will find lots of custom designed cupcakes, pies of all flavors and bags of candy. And I mean lots of candy! Each guest gets their own bag to fill up and take home as a favor from the bride and groom. So now you can blame them for those 5 pounds that you gain!
5. Finger Foods. This is perfect if you are having a small wedding. You are on a limited budget but yet you want to provide your guests with a small sampling of finger food. This is showing up more and more with intimate, small gatherings. It's all about sharing the special day, Right?